[Gpdd] CARE: Bedding...

Leah McNeil lconsuela at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 12 10:59:56 EST 2004

Hi Jason,
First, I'd like to Welcome you, Maria,
Princess, and Creampuff to the Digest!!
I'm sure you're gonna just Love it here.

Moving on--
Over the years, I've used most of the 'main
players' of bedding: Pine, Aspen, CareFresh,
and even the EVIL Cedar (which I didn't use
for long once I found out how it caused
respiratory problems for piggies). But, over
time, I became more and more allergic to the
beddings that are wood-based. So, I switched
to CareFresh, which I Love because I don't
have much of an allergic reaction to that
stuff. But, like Deb said, it can get a whee
bit soggy and nasty when the piggies pee on
it. So, I would also scoop the yukky stuff
out twice a day--at morning and at night. Also,
CareFresh is Very $Expensive$--$20 for 50 liter
bag.

So, which bedding do I use now, you ask???
None of 'em. I use Towels now. But, I have
a free range piggie so she isn't in her cage
all of the time. I change her towels twice a day
(in the morning and in the evening) and she seems
to like it. But, the downfall of using towels
is: you'll do a TON of towel laundry a wheeeek.
Plus, the towels can get pretty yukky too.
But, I'm just too lazy to switch back to CareFresh.

Whatever bedding you decide on, I'm sure your
Piggies will Love ya for it!!

         Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeps,
           Leah...Slave to Brownie Bear :-)