[GPDD] (Health) re: colds

Renee Roszkowski rrgallop44 at mindspring.com
Fri Mar 12 23:10:29 EST 2004

In general, diseases between humans and guinea pigs are species specific
and cannot be transmitted to one another. There are some cold and flu
bacteria and viruses that we can transmit to our small animals, not just
guinea pigs. In general, if you are sick, handle your pets as little as
possible and be sure to wash your hands before and after handling. Be
sure not to nuzzle your pet or sneeze/cough on them. It is better to be
safe than sorry. Some respiratory illnesses progress quickly in small
animals and can be hard to treat.

Renee, Mary and Molly, Patches, Kate and Dora, Flash