[Gpdd] [CARE] Rabbits and Guinea pigs

ebak at ca.inter.net ebak at ca.inter.net
Sat Mar 13 10:34:04 EST 2004

    I once kept a rabbit and guinea pig together. At first the got on famously. The rabbit
really
taught the guinea pig to socialize and he became a very friendly and affectionate guinea
pig. He
adored the rabbit. After a few few months, the rabbit wanted to breed. The guinea pig
didn't
cooperate and eventually the rabbit became very aggressive to the guinea pig and he became
terrified
of her. We separated them and they never again could be in the same cage.

I don't think you'll be able to put them back together or fair to the guinea pig.. Rabbits
are very
strong and can hurt a guinea pig very easily. I think the guinea pig will be grateful if
you don't
put them back together.

Evelyn