[Gpdd] MISC wild life park

Carole Appleby guinea_pig_8 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 14 16:56:11 EST 2004

Hi everyone
                    I recently went to Longlete Safari Park in the UK it was
great.The best bit for me was pets corner where in one part of it was a huge
piece of land with 42 guinea pigs on.It was a lovely area with grass and a
path and trees and a little pond in each corner was a house 2 houses in all
like giant doll houses with down stairs and up and windows to look out.When
i arrived there werent many pigs about i was a bit dissapointed then the
girl came to feed them she called and rattled the food.Well pigs emerged
from every where all different breeds ,big,small all sqeeking it was great.I
took the chance to have a chat with the girl.This is her job to look after
42 pigs she feeds them brushes them all cuts all there nails and keeps them
clean .What a great job and to get payed for it.They all get on no fighting
all the males have been done .And now for the best bit she told me at bed
time when she puts the hay and food in the houses 21 piggies trot of to 1
house and 21 trot of to the other and its always the same ones in eash .I
thought that was quite amazing.Just thought i would share my story .
        From Carole