[Gpdd] [Care] Potty training guinea pig

Lisa B cavylover74 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 15 00:51:30 EST 2004

Hi Tina, Celina, & LillyPig,
Congratulations on getting your first piggie.  As you know they are many good websites but also there are a lot of false information out there on guinea pigs.  Be careful and verify the information if you are unsure.
Now for your question, I have actually potty trained my first guinea pig.  He will not go potty on me unless of course if I hold him for a long, long time.  He will usually bite at my shirt when he has to go and I'll put him back in the cage and then he will go potty.  My other two just goes potty where ever, whenever they feel like it.  Than I also have another one that is pretty good about going potty in the cage also but I am still working with him.  I think it all depends on the pig and their personality.  Good luck.

Lisa

I am knew to the site My daughter and I purchased our first piggie in
Jan 04
She was 3 mos old.  Since then we have checked out many wedsites for
the care
of our new friend.  They are all helpful, I do have one question can a
piggie
be potty trained to not pee or poop on us as they get older do they go
only in
the cage or pen or am I thinking like a dog and cat owner?  I hope this
is
not to silly of a question remember we are new to the piggie life and
want the
best help and you all seem to know everything:)
Thank you,
Tina, Celina, and LillyPig