[Gpdd] [BEHAVIOR]...jumping

Susan Eastin susan at boatlift.com
Mon Mar 15 14:44:54 EST 2004

Hi Mike and All
Yes, it is hard to believe. I have read that guinea pigs cannot jump or
climb.
Of course, many of us know better. I have mentioned before CP's frantic
behavior when separated from Snowy while she was having LW.  And I think
I mentioned that LW is now living in a bachelor pad next door to mom and dad
because he can't seem to behave himself, and gets poor CP all worked up.
Well, I still let them have some floor time together, as long as everyone
behaves. The other day LW was just being very annoying to both of them,
and Snowy put an end to it.  He looked like he was trying to kiss her on the
mouth, but she was busy with something else. She kept ignoring him, giving
him a head butt when he'd get too close, but he wouldn't quit. Finally she
backed off sideways, gave him the evil eye, then FLEW through the air at
him!  She knocked him sideways, at which he retreated. That stopped him
completely for a while, then he had to go home.  I would not have believed
her stunt if I hadn't seen it myself!  She honestly looked like she should
have had a SuperPig cape on, flying in the breeze!
Susi and the OP's