[Gpdd] re: [BEHAVIOR] What's in a name?

Susan Eastin susan at boatlift.com
Mon Mar 15 15:46:51 EST 2004

Lauren, Carlo and All~
My piggies sure know their names!  And they know each other's names.
That could be partly because we play peek a boo and hide n seek a lot.
This comes in handy if I see one of them doing something good, or bad.
I just say "CocoPuff - how clever - you found the parsley!" or "Snowy - stop
chewing on the door!"  or "Whistle - come get your buffet!" (that always
gets them)  Of course, they also know 'piggies', as it usually precedes some
announcement of interest, like "Buffet!", also, when opening the door
as I return home, "Little pig, little pig, let me in!"
Yesterday I heard munching and looked up to see Snowy trimming the
edge of one of their kites!  How she got it I don't know. I said "Snowy!
Don't eat your kite!" Whereupon she immediately ran downstairs and
hid in the back bedroom!  (Of course, then I felt bad and had to compliment
her on the beautiful decorative edge she had added)
Yes, I'd say they know their names!
Susi and the OP's