[Gpdd] re: [CARE] exercise

Lauren Cordeiro petunia_loo at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 15 22:03:24 EST 2004

Hi Jessica,
My cavies don't have any use for exercise wheels, except for maybe leaning their front paws on them. As far as the exercise balls, I put them in one once, and they just kind of sat there, too freaked out to move. That didn't go over too well. And leashes - haha- good luck! ;). If you think trying to leash a guinea pig is bad, you should try harnessing my rats...
A good way to get Gertie some exercise is to make a little playpen, usually you can buy them at the pet store, and let her run around a little bit. You can also use old oatmeal canisters as playtubes, and lots of boxes and some chew toys to gnaw on. If it's too cold to go outside, I let my pigs scurry around the kitchen while I'm working there during the day. They are somewhat adept at using their potty.
Best of luck!
Lauren, Piglet and Pooh Bear

Do you Yahoo!?