[Gpdd] Re: Health: Our little guys and and our colds

Off1Knight at aol.com Off1Knight at aol.com
Tue Mar 16 01:46:02 EST 2004

I generally would not be writing unless there was a sad reason to...NOT
because I enjoy that..but rather feel I should...but this topic of our little guys
and girls catching OUR colds has been getting a lot of responses, so I thought
I would add my two sense in an effort to AVOID writing so often. It is as
simple as this. MAYBE they can't get our illnesses, MAYBE the germs are
different...Maybe they are immune to our diseases genetically...BUT would you put your
trust in any maybes with these precious and so very susceptible to getting
sick to another POSSIBILITY. I know I wouldn't and DON'T...It breaks my heart
when I can't hold our little guy George and maybe kiss him oh about a million
times. But believe me I would and DO subject myself to NOT being able to hold him
if I am sick then take a one in a MILLION OUTSIDE chance of him getting a
respiratory infection. His mother, who cares for him daily, makes SURE she washes
her hands when she picks him up and takes him out for his three times a day
buffet should SHE be sick. So the bottom I am trying to impress on all who read
this is simply this...when it comes to even the smallest possibility of our
little guy getting sick from US, I will ALWAYS ERR on the side of caution. THAT
care just MIGHT mean the difference between life and death to your little
loved ones Why tempt fate when it is harsh enough on it's own. The issue of is it
a fact or myth is unimportant to me...what is important is giving George
EVERY possible chance to live as long as God will bless us with him and I know
every reader of the digest knows the love I am speaking of. So, that about sums
it up. I hope I have not offended any of those who have taken positions on this
but the only position is if there is a chance would YOU take it?

Sincerely,

Joseph C. Petrillo, George the guinea pigs daddy