[Gpdd] HEALTH: Barbering

Dee and Joe deeclark at rcn.com
Tue Mar 16 11:21:09 EST 2004

Hi,

Re Princess, the pregnant pig barbering.

When my Tribbles was pregnant, the stress brought out a flare up of mites.
She was biting where they itched and bit down to the skin.  Being a newbie
at the time, I didn't know what the problem was, so I took her to the vet
after the babies were born.  She and the babies had to have Ivermectin shots
to get rid of the mites.  This might be the reason she is biting herself.

A few days from the first day of Spring and we are expecting 6-10'' of snow
here in Massachusetts tonight!

Dee

Great guinea pig book written by GPDD
own Dale Sigler. www.amazon.com