[Gpdd] Care: Bedding

Susan Glancy sglancy at pinn.net
Tue Mar 16 08:48:42 EST 2004

I was glad to hear there are many other "kissing" pigs out there.  And
feel lucky to have one!  I have another question...I have been using towel
bedding for about 6 months.  The pigs seem to really like it and I do as
well.  However, recently, I noticed Poopsie chewing on one of the towels.
I had seen her do it before but it seemed like she was playing/tugging on
it more than chewing it.  This time I could definately tell she was
chewing it as there were bites out of it.  I have no idea how long she may
have been doing this since some of the towels were already frayed from
what I assumed was being washed so many times.  Now I am really worried
about how much of the towel fibers she has ingested and what kind of
problems may result.  As soon as I realized she was chewing it I removed
the towel bedding and went back to newspaper and pine chips.  Does anyone
have experience with this?  Is there anything I should be doing for her in
case she has ingested some (which I'm quite sure she has). She appears to
be fine - nothing out of the ordinary.  But as I hear too many times on
the digest posts, deterioration occurs suddenly and quickly.  Thanks for
the help!
Sue, Sniffles & Poopsie