[Gpdd] [BEHAVIOR] <Sugar's behavior living alone>

Susan Eastin susan at boatlift.com
Tue Mar 16 15:11:23 EST 2004

Hi Laurie-Jean-
We were glad to hear the report on Sugar, just wish she were doing better.
I was just thinking about her this morning. A vet on the radio was taking
calls, and told one guy with an older dog that animals do get senile and
other traits of older people, and that some actually take the same meds
that geriatric patients get for their symptoms!  It doesn't work 100% of
the time, and I'll bet it's expensive. But at least somebody is doing
something
to help them.
I'm glad you're continuing to stimulate her with a variety of treats and
activity. I think a small pignic would be eggsellent!  I hope you can find
someone to meet up with. I have noticed another member or two lately
in Maine (no idea what part, of course) and maybe there are more 'lurking'!
Let us know how it goes!
Piggie hugs 'n' kisses
Susi and the Okie Piggies
Snowy, CocoPuff and Lil' Whistle