[Gpdd] [CARE] Cavy Cages

Jason T Nakao jnakao at hawaii.edu
Wed Mar 17 06:11:32 EST 2004

Aloha everyone, it's me again.

I'm planning on re-doing their cavy cage since there are going to be
new additions to the family. Well, I wanted to find an alternative to
using coroplast since there isn't anywhere around here that carries
big sheets of coroplast. The biggest they have is 20" x 30". When I
built the cage, I bought 4 of those and it cost me a little over $20.
So, I had to tape them together and it was such a mess, plus I ALMOST
measured it wrong, so that would've sucked really bad.
Anyway, I looked @ cavycages.com and checked out their alternatives
which were basically wood, linoleum, plastic bins and glass walls. The
glass and plastic bins were out of the question because they don't
provide enough air. Linoleum is $$$...4 dollars for a sq. ft.! If
anyone can help me out on this, even though you haven't tried it but
have an idea...I'll try it and I'll let you know the outcome.

Aloha!
Jason & Maria
Creampuff & Princess

Quick Update:
Princess is doing fine except for the barbering. I'll take her to the
vet to check for mites as soon as the pups are born. I don't want to
have her take medications while she's pregnant.
Creampuff took a spill today =(
Maria was holding him in our kitchen, then believe it or not, a bird
flew into our kitchen window and the bang made him jump and he started
to fall. Maria almost caught him, but instead just slowed him down. He
then started to bleed! I got so worried, after I cleaned up the blood,
I found where it was coming from, he bit his lip. I thought he broke
his teeth or something, but they're fine. He's still a little shaken
about the incident, but doing just peachy.