[Gpdd] Re: Misc. Piggie Music

James & Margaret Lynn jimmarg.lynn at juno.com
Fri Mar 19 20:59:57 EST 2004

Hi Deb,

Each morning I feed my piggies their daily treat of veggies and then turn
on the CD player which is in their room.  The volume is turned down so it
is strictly background music which they all seem to thoroughly enjoy.  I
have experimented with different styles of music and have come up with
three which are their favorites.

1.  "Twelve Promises"  by Gary Lamb  (I bought this one several years ago
to use in my elementary classroom for the                       same
purpose.  It is very soothing and provides relaxing background music.  It
even works on my wife!!

2.  Vivaldi......"Meet the Classics".....very relaxing and is one I also
used in the classroom

3.  Tchaikovsky........almost any of his music

I usually hit the "repeat" button on my CD player so the music will go on
all day.  I give them all a fresh supply of hay around 2:00 P.M. and
often I find them all mesmerized or sound asleep.

On another note, I found a large lump just under the skin of Speedy's
right nipple.  He is having surgery this coming Monday to have it removed
and analyzed.  I keep everyone informed.  Speedy has been a "regular" at
this vet because after he was neutered a couple of years ago he got an
infection so we made many trips to the vet's office.

Jim.......Koko, Abby, Sassy Suzy, Speedy, and Ginger