[Gpdd] HEALTH - Shilintong and Heather or Ginger?

Heather Cougar heather.cougar at simmons.edu
Sat Mar 20 20:18:35 EST 2004

Niles isn't fully through his course yet, and hasn't had any
follow-up visits or x-rays, so I don't know if it's really
working. He hasn't had any more pink pee though! We've also done
some diet modification, including switching to a timothy-based
pellet feed.

He's finally beginning to adapt to taking the Shilintong, it's
almost as if he looks forward to it! He does seem to pee a bit
more than he used to, but that's not necessarily bad if it's
flushing out the impurities.

I don't know that much about the herb or its use, and my
research has turned up many positive benefits in humans but no
information on its use with guinea pigs. It is definitely easy
on the wallet as well as the pig, a 100-tablet bottle (pig
dosage is 1 tablet per day) is only about 5 dollars plus
shipping.

My e-mail is cougar at simmons.edu, and I think Ginger has
posted her info as well. She has contact info for our vet, too.

Heather (and Niles)