[Gpdd] re: [CARE] <lice and itching>

Lauren Cordeiro petunia_loo at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 22 13:53:34 EST 2004

My GPs also had lice when I brought them home from the petstore. My vet told me to use a spray with pyrethrins in it. I found one at the petstore called "flea and tick spray" from 8in1 brand that was specifically meant for gps and small mammals. I used it once, and the lice were gone, or so I thought. Probably a few weeks later I noticed the lice had returned, and I immediately used the spray on them again - this time getting every nook and cranny, being of course careful to avoid their eyes, mouth, nose, etc. I also cleaned the cage and toys thouroughly. Fortunately, the lice were not transferrable to people so I didn't have to worry about that, and you probably don't either. Hope you can solve the problem soon!
Pooh, Piglet and Lauren

Do you Yahoo!?