[Gpdd] [CARE] <update on swiss chard and spinach>

Lauren Cordeiro petunia_loo at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 22 14:35:19 EST 2004

I was looking up more info on swiss chard, because I had started adding it to their daily veggies. It turns out swiss chard (actually a type of beet) as well as spinach are high in oxalic acid which isn't good for them. (I knew there was something about spinach that wasn't good but I couldn't remember...)

Incidentally, while searching for this info I found a site by a gardener who discovered the joys of guinea pigs after "employing" them to aid in her garden. It is very interesting to read for anyone who is considering having their pigs live outdoors...
http://www.users.on.net/arachne/guinea.html

Do you Yahoo!?