[Gpdd] Health: Pig with a urinary infection

robyn ferguson robyn_ferguson at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 22 20:05:39 EST 2004

One of my pigs suffered from a urinary tract infection when she was younger
and was put on oral antibiotics. In addition to this, my vet suggested
giving her some cranberry juice (just a few mL will make a difference). This
is used by humans with UTIs and seems to help piggies in the same way. The
vitamin C and natural sugars should also help to support her little system
so she can fight against the infection better.

I am so sorry to hear your vet is not more supportive. Perhaps if you post
your city/state on the digest another digester in your area can suggest an
experienced vet who might be a bit more understanding. We all know that they
are anything but "Just rodents".

Best wishes.

Robyn