[Gpdd] Health: Re: Urinary Tract Infection...

Leah McNeil lconsuela at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 24 13:33:28 EST 2004

Hi Andy,
It's me again, Brownie Bear's Slave.
I'm catching up on my Digest readings
and just noticed that someone wrote and
said that Natasha may need a different
antibiotic or dosage if she's not responding.
Well, I'm not sure about the dosage, but
the antibiotic (Baytril) is well used and
trusted by Vets. I would be hesitant to
switch her antibiotic before her full 14-day
course was completed because bacteria can
become more resilient if you don't complete
the full course. I didn't know this, and
there were a couple of times I had left-over
medicine so I gave Brownie Bear her antiobiotic
for only a couple of days. That was my mistake.

I hope Little Natasha is feeling better soon...

       Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeps,
         Leah...Slave to Brownie Bear :-)