[Gpdd] Health: Grease Gland

Leah McNeil lconsuela at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 24 14:23:42 EST 2004

Hello Slaves!
Sorry I've been away for a while. Life
got a little busy and then I caught a cold.
Not to worry, I've been careful with washing
my hands and stuff so that Brownie Bear doesn't
get what Mama's got! I'm feeling much better
now.

Moving on, I have a question about the grease
gland. Okay, now I know that many of you clean
the grease gland area on your piggies, right?
Well, I've never done that and I just didn't
know what the grease gland was until a couple
of years ago. Well, my last 2 piggies were boys
and I noticed the greasy area but I just let it be.
So, after I learned about it, I was going to make
sure I kept that area clean. Well, with my Brownie
Bear, I've never really noticed her grease gland...
until after she had bladder stone surgery/spay.

So, about a month or so ago, I was getting
ready to write the Digest and ask for ways of
cleaning the grease gland. But, then one day I
came home and noticed some of Brownie's fur on
her towel. And I could tell that it was fur with
the greasy stuff on it. So, I picked her up and
examined the area. When I touched the fur that
was left with the greasy stuff on it, it just fell
off (???).

Okay, so what happened?!? I don't understand. Did
Brownie pick at the greasy area and pull the fur out
herself? I mean, I know piggies can be very flexible,
but Wow, ???. I'm stumped.

Since then, there hasn't been any more greasy
buildup in that area. I started thinking that
maybe the reason I've never seen the greasy buildup
is because she takes care of it herself, but I really
don't know. (???) Any ideas???

      Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeeeeps,
        Leah...Slave to Brownie Bear :-)