[Gpdd] ]GPDD] [Health] Neutering

Renee Roszkowski rrgallop44 at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 24 21:51:31 EST 2004

Neutering a piggie will not change their behavior. If that is why you
are doing it, I personally wouldn't. For that reason it would be a waste
of money. Piggies have a high surgical risk. If it isn't medically
necessary, the best option is usually to not do a surgery. If your
piggie is being overly aggressive with his cagemate, you will probably
want to consider separate cages, or atleast putting a divider down the
center to separate them so your other piggie isn't being bullied. It is
normal for one piggie to be dominant and the other subordinate. If they
aren't fighting and each is getting enough to eat and drink (separate
bowls and bottles) then you can consider whether to let them stay in the
same cage or not. Good luck.

Renee, Mary and Molly, Patches, Kate and Dora, Flash

Message: 7