[Gpdd] Re: MISC: Strawberries and 'Is This a Joke'

BunsnPigs at aol.com BunsnPigs at aol.com
Wed Mar 24 22:47:44 EST 2004

In a message dated 3/24/2004 12:23:16 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Gpdd-request at gpdd.org writes:
I was wondering if anyone knows if it's OK to feed our piggies
strawberry tops (i.e. the leaves on top of strawberries). Also,
is it ok to feed them strawberries?
I have heard from many many sources that strawberries are ok to feed IF THEY
ARE ORGANIC. Apparently, they are one of the fruits that pesticides readily
stay on (bleagh!) and I do feed organic ones to my gang. However, I am not sure
its a good way to spend your money. Mine don't really go for them although
they do eat the green tops.

Regarding the strange guinea pig booklet for sale. I have to agree that its
ok to dispense info regardless of form. BUT IS IT GOOD INFO? THAT is the
question. He seems really off to me. I took the time to spend $10 on a prior sale on
ebay of some woman selling a booklet on 'How to Have Guinea Pigs in the
Classroom'. Based on her years and years of experience. It was gross. I have the
feeling that this is likewise.

Judi Lainer
Metropolitan Guinea Pig Rescue
Springfield, VA
http://www.mgpr.org

Educator-in-Training, House Rabbit Society
MD/DC/NoVA Chapter
http://www.rabbitsinthehouse.org