[Gpdd] CARE - placement of and bedding in cage

Shayla Donald sdonald at publiccounsel.net
Thu Mar 25 17:26:22 EST 2004

Hello.  We just bought a 16 week old male guinea pig.  He is very sweet and quite handsome.  We decided to "house" him in a 10.5 sq. foot C&C cage.  I have two questions.  First about the placement of the cage.  Because it is rather large (50" X 30") it has been suggested we leave it on the floor.  I am, however, worried about drafts.  Also, most cages in advertisements are shown on tables or stands.  Is it okay to leave on the cage on the floor or should it be placed off of it?  Secondly, I am wondering about bedding.  Because there is a large space to cover I was hoping there is something relatively inexpensive.  I was also thinking that perhaps the little guy would like two different "feels" or substances so I could cover half with one product and half with another.  Again, I would appreciate any suggestions.  Thank you.

Guinness (the guinea pig)