[Gpdd] CARE - placement of and bedding in cage

Dawnda Stricklen dawndastricklen at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 27 11:30:48 EST 2004

Hi Shayla

I have very large cages that I could never find a
table big enough for. I have two large cages on vinyl
flooring and none of my girls have never had a upper
respiratory infection.
I use newspaper and towels for the bedding. I have to
unfold a lot of newspapers, but it's free. I eveyone I
know saving their newspaper for me. If I run out I
just go get some from the recycling bin. I am
recycling them as cage liners anyway.
I do one large load of towels a day. I take a big
trash bag in and roll the towels up and put them in
the bag. Then I take them outside and shake them out
before I put them in the washer. I use Tide Free and
Bounce Free in the washer and dryer. You can buy hand
towels in a bunch cheap at Wal-mart, and they love to
sleep on towels. It's the best way I have found for my
big cage. One of my cages is 5 feet by 7 1/2 feet, and
it has a loft the is 5 feet wide and one cube
thick.(14 inches) I have a picture of one of my cages
on my webpage. The link is under my name.

Dawnda Stricklen

Dawnda

=====
http://embark.to/guineapighaven