[Gpdd] MISC: Guinea Pigs fed to reptiles

Pablo Llopez pllopez at attglobal.net
Mon Mar 29 14:00:17 EST 2004

Lauren, I think you built a very good case and I admire your determination
and commitment to stay vegetarian. I definitely support the measures you
propose on killing animals that serve as food.
My only twist though, and what I meant in my original message is that I
would limit the use of meat for carnivores pets, to the meat already
available to humans. In other words, I would not allow more animals to be
killed to feed the pet industry food. I would use that same meat produced
for humans, to feed carnivore pets.
Guinea Pigs in general, are not an object of consumption among humans,
except in some local areas of South America and probably Asia. Guinea pigs
would not even be a prey in a natural environment for some of those
reptiles or birds of prey.