[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Back at the vets AGAIN

Rebecca Jones rj1571 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 29 14:07:51 EST 2004

Hi All

We really are having a run of bad luck, or bad health at least, here.  Last week I was at the vets with Daphie for a damaged eye and a chest infection.  And having just returned once again  from the vets today, this time with the three new babies, we now have a new problem, or two actually.

I noticed on Sunday when I was checking over the babies that Hope had a big patch of hair mising.  I don't mean thin, or patchy, but missing, like she'd been shaved.  The skin does not look sore, red, scurfy and there are no puncture marks, its just gone!  Shes only 10 weeks so shes only little but its missing from her back leg to chest height all down the one side.

I've taken the three of them to the vets today and she is also baffled but decided we should treat for mange anyway and we've sent off a sample for testing for ringworm.  The three have had an injection of invectermin (sp?) but I've yet to break the news to Daphie that on top of her daily eye drops and Baytril, she now has to take this tonight aswell!

And then, to add to the worry, when the vet went to give Faith her injection she found a lump the size of a marble under her jaw on the right.  If you brush against it you just think its her jawbone but its definately there.  The vet took a sample of that and hopes its an absess, but its big on a girl so small. She wants us to clear up the other problems first before we worry about that but she is checking the sample to make sure.

Ho hum, good job I live almost opposite the vets isn't it:-)

Beki
Daphie, Faith, Hope and Charity