[Gpdd] MISC -- Live Guinea pigs "sold by the bagful"

Susan Eastin susan at boatlift.com
Mon Mar 29 18:13:07 EST 2004

Alge:
(Yes, so horrible I had to take off
the rest of your subject line!)
I think PETA sounds like an excellent
place to start. Does anyone have any
contact information for them? Maybe
if we all complain to them (strength
in numbers), and get something started,
then take what information we have from
that and work up a news release type
statement that we can each take to our
local news groups (tv, radio, newspaper, all),
letters to editors, posters. Make big,
attention getting posters to put up on
bulletin boards, like maybe at PetSmart,
on telephone poles, wherever people are.
If one comes down, put another up. Ask
people you see if they are aware of this.
Just the protest alone will demand news
attention. There are plenty of other things
those snakes can eat. You were also right
when you said profit drives these things,
but now is the time to break it, not when
it gets too big to tackle. Look what happened
with the tobacco industry!
Let's see, who do we have who writes things
well . . . Alge? Joseph? I can see children
standing in front of pet stores or places
where they sell snakefood, holding posters
with cuddly gps' on them . . .
Susi and the OP's
--we're with you