[Gpdd] Re: [CARE] skin under their feet

Patricia Simon patriciasimon at shaw.ca
Mon Mar 29 21:06:04 EST 2004

Our girls, and especially our heavy-weight Suzy, sometimes grow spurs on the
bottoms/sides of their feet.  At first we weren't entirely certain what they
were so we took Suze to the vet, and vet confirmed that they were
foot-spurs.  We trim them up every few months if we notice them when
trimming toenails.

The Guinea Lynx site talks about these spurs and shows a picture.
http://guinealynx.info/feet.html#spurs
Note that the spurs on Suzy's feet look more like curved horns growing out
the side of the feet, not exactly as shown in the photo.

Also see the last paragraph on Peter Gurney's page about bumblefoot, where
he talks about foot spurs:
http://www.oginet.com/pgurney/bumblefoot.htm

-Patricia