[Gpdd] Re: Misc.: Guinea Pigs Fed To Reptiles

Guineapigfilms at aol.com Guineapigfilms at aol.com
Tue Mar 30 02:39:35 EST 2004

If you own a copy of CARROT WARS or have ever seen it, you know that Onion
Ring, the piggy who played Hokey One Spumoni in the STAR WARS spoof, is about
the cutest little furball you have ever seen.  He was actually destined to be
snake food in a pet shop because the owner of the pet shop thought he was blind,
and couldn't be sold.  The owner called my mom and me, knowing how we rescue
piggies, and we came and got him.  It turned out that one of his eyes was
fine, it just had an infection.  And he was so cute that he won a prize in the
Winking Cavy photo contest, judged by Peter Gurney!  Another time we rescued a
gerbil on Christmas Eve at a different pet shop, because a worker at the shop
was going to feed the baby gerbil to snakes.  The mother gerbil had bitten her
baby's legs off, and he just had little stumps, so he couldn't be sold.  My mom
and I took him home, and he was really a good pet.  He didn't know that he
was supposed to have legs, so he got around just fine, and seemed very happy.  I
was only nine or so at the time, so I named him "Lego."

Alyssa Buecker and the Guinea Pig Movie Stars
http://hometown.aol.com/guineapigfilms