[Gpdd] Health:Lucy

robyn ferguson robyn_ferguson at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 30 03:57:28 EST 2004

Hey piggies and people!

Good news and bad news on the Lucy front. The good news is she recently
started moving towards eating solids!!!! and has been attacking big chunks
of zucchini with ferocity! The bad news is that shortly after this she leapt
out of my hands as I was putting her back in the hutch and has broken her
bottom right incisor a few millimetres from the gumline. Oof. I feel so
guilty for not holding her tighter. She's not usually a wigglepig but I
think she "needed to go" and didn't want to whizz on my lap.
Still, we are visiting the vet dentist anyway on Saturday for a checkup on
her ongoing dental problems so we can get any necessary work done then. Lucy
continued eating zucchini for a night and a day after breaking the tooth,
but is refusing again. I think it might be difficult for her to get a good
bite, but I am confident that she is reconnecting to her piglet instincts
and once again regards vegetables as food, so once her teeth are sorted she
should go back to eating for herself. She is on Metacam for pain control so
the broken tooth should not be troubling her.

Anyway I will update after the wheekend.

On the subject of "you know you're a piggie slave when...."

Pigture this:

I am moving house on saturday. I have a vet visit booked for saturday. which
gets priority? That's right. All my helpers have been told to come round
after 10.30, cause that's when I'll be getting back from the vet.

Robyn and her million dollar pigs.