[Gpdd] Misc--kittens in bottles

Debbie Ganley debg43 at ij.net
Wed Mar 31 00:40:20 EST 2004

Glad I missed that one--I'd have freaked if I'd seen it--but I agree--there should be some sort of law against enabling copycat (or any )animal abusers from getting more ideas for animal abuse than they already have.  In Florida, we had a bunch of teenagers abuse some llamas on a farm near here (I know the family)--these 'kids" gouged out the eyes of a mama pet llama & killed her baby llama, as well as injuring  a few others.  It turned out that the ringleader was the  19 year old son of a local police chief!  We all thought he'd get off, due to political connections, but no--public outrage was so strong, this kid was sentenced to about 9 years--it came out at trial that he also put a GP in a hotel room in another state & shot at the poor guy with a BB gun & killed him=the police found out when a maid went into the room & saw all the blood.  So animal people can make a difference--we just have to band together & get our representatives aware that   we're not going to put up with this crap any longer.  Another reason to boycott pet stores--they'll sell to anyone, as far as GP's go.  Deb & Potter