[Gpdd] re: [HEALTH] <lice and itching>

Lauren Cordeiro petunia_loo at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 31 12:25:55 EST 2004

Hi Carrie and Sugar!
Hmm... I'm assuming your vet ruled out the possibility of a fungal infection as well? I'm pretty sure though that fungal infections are usually accompanied by hair loss. Perhaps it could be an allergy? Have you tried switching bedding? Does Sugar get a vitamin supplement or different kinds of veggies?

Guinea Lynx recommends EPI-SOOTHE® SHAMPOO to help relieve dry skin.
http://guinealynx.info/healthycavy.html
Usually, bathing will tend to dry out an animal's skin, but if you can find a shampoo specifically meant to moisturize and relieve dry, itchy skin, then you might try that. I would just double-check the ingredients with your vet to make sure they are safe for GPs.

Good luck,
Piglet, Pooh Bear and Lauren