[Gpdd] (MISC) Ranging Pigs

Rebecca Wilmot rebecca.wilmot at permabondeurope.co.uk
Tue Nov 2 04:25:08 EST 2004

Hi GPs

Wilf and Jimmy have a special enclosure about 5' x 9' made out of laminate flooring with planks propped up for the edges to keep them in.  The positive side is it is easy to clean. The negative side is if the pigs panic they lose all traction and wheelspin on the floor.  Every day I change the layout of boxes and tubes so they get excited about exploring all the rat-runs.  They love playing together and running around. I put several trays down with newspaper and a layer of kitchen roll to help absorb the guinea wee-wee so their fur doesn't get soiled.

It probably cost about £40 to build.

I am lucky the pigs are getting on fine, there hasn't been any rumblestrutting lately. Their antics are hilarious to watch as last night I put in a new box with rat holes cut in.  Jimmy has a job fitting through them and gets very brutal trying to bash his way in and out. Wilf has been trying to do building modifications by widening the doorways for Jimmy with lots of gnawing.

Bec, Jim + Wilf

Rebecca Wilmot

Permabond Engineering Adhesives Ltd

Wessex House