[Gpdd] Desperately in Need of Help and Returning Member

BannerDobermans at adelphia.net BannerDobermans at adelphia.net
Tue Nov 2 09:55:18 EST 2004

	Hello,

	My name is Linda. I was on the GPDD before and had to go off for a while
for lack of a computer and other time commitments.
	I hope everyone and their piggies are doing well. Do you still have the
GPDD calender? What a wonderful memorial to the piggies I have had pass
over the bridge. I don't know who is still on the list but sure as I read I
will find out.

	I am also desperately in need of some help or information. I have a 6.5
year old piggie girl named Cidney. She was a snake food rescue that was
pregnant. In June1998 she gave birth to two boys named Pip Squeak and
Peek-Abu. They were both neutered and lived a charmed little life with
Cidney. Last year in July of 2003 Pippy died despite all efforts to save
him by my vet. In spring of 2004 Peek-Abu also died at our vet clinic. My
husband went to bring Peek-Abu home to be buried where he played in the
yard. Trying to be thoughtful, he spoke to our vet  at the Barberton Vet
Clinic. and stopped and bought two more little piggies. Well, he bought the
last two piggies at the pet store and they were brother and sister and of
course the sister was pregnant. We named them Alley and Andre and had Andre
neutered immediately. They moved in with Cidney and  all was well. Alley
gave birth to three babies, one of which we lost shortly after birth. The
two babies went for well piggie check-ups and to be sexed. They were sexed
as girls, so supposedly no problem. The cage is easily large enough to hold
5 piggies especially they get out to run around in a piggie enclosure on
the grass in the backyard in the summer.
As it turned out one of the "girls" wasn't and he got Alley and Buffy
pregnant. Alley had three beautiful albino and one multicolored babies.
One week later Buffy had three multicolored and one grey and white baby. We
now have thirteen piggies. The eight babies are two and three weeks old. We
are way overloaded and badly in need of loving caring homes. Baily the
daddy has been separated and is awaiting neutering.
My husband is trying to give them away to anyone and everyone regardless of
who they are and what they know about gpigs.
I am in the Cleveland/Strongsville, Ohio area. I will give them to someone
of the list for free if they are going to truly wanted and knowledgeable
homes. I am very leery of taking them to a pet shop especially now around
the holidays and b/c of the snake food issue I would like to keep Cidney,
Allley, Andre, Baily, and Buffy but I am in desperate need of good homes
for the babies. I am willing to drive them quite a way to get them into
good homes.
If you or anyone you know can give a good home to a beautiful, friendly
little gpig baby please let me know.
								Thank You
									Linda