[Gpdd] [Health] Skin Condition

RSilhan rsilhan at mc.net
Wed Nov 3 15:38:15 EST 2004

Hi all,
    I'm a daily lurker, and infrequent poster, but I have a question
about a condition suffered by my Woody (the Wonder Pig). He has a scaly
patch on his scalp across his hips.  Little tuffs of hair come out when
brushed or petted  and they are attached to a small ball of gook at the
root. I kept him brushed and that seemed to control the condition until
lately when the affected area has expanded up his back and his hair is
getting thin in one area. Does anyone have any idea what this could be
and what to do about it? I remember reading about some condition that
sounded like this and there was a "recipe" for , I think, teatree oil
and mineral oil mixed and applied. If anyone has this information, I'd
appreciate trying it. It doesn't seem to bother him (as much as it does
me) and he isn't scratching.
Thanks,
Roxanne, Woody and the rest of the Herd