[Gpdd] Re: Health-Cataracts

Frances Hemmer francie56_us at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 4 09:00:43 EST 2004

I first want to say how sorry I am for all the piggie slaves that have lost their most beloved ones during these last few months.  It's never easy to lose them.
Now for my problem.  We have a year old female.  About 6 months ago we took her to the vet for ring worms and discovered during that visit that she had a cataract on the one eye and was blind in that eye.  Last night we discovered that she is now getting one on the other eye.  My question is, is she going to be able to live being blind?  She is so sweet and loving.  She has a cage mate also.  Will she be able to find her food and water bottle?  I don't think she's completely blind in that eye yet, as she goes up and down her ramp and follows Marbles everywhere.  We have a two story apartment for them.
Thank you
Fran