[Gpdd] Care: Pig Sitting

James Lynn jimmarg.lynn at juno.com
Thu Nov 4 15:59:03 EST 2004

--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: James Lynn <jimmarg.lynn at juno.com>
To: gpdd at gpdd.org
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 13:06:16 -0500
Subject: Subject: Care

Karen,

I have been reading about your plea for a pig-sitter.  I am sorry that I
can't help because I live in Michigan.

However, I do have a couple of suggestions.  Ask a few of your local pet
stores if you can put up a notice on a bulletin board asking for
pig-sitters.  I think many people of junior-high and high-school age own
piggies but are not involved with the GPDD.  Of course, if you get any
conditions, sanitation, other animals, etc.  School age kids are often
looking for a way to make a few extra bucks.

If you know any elementary or junior high principals or teachers they
might be able to put you in touch with students who own piggies and these
people too would be able to give you a personal recommendation on the
students.  You might be able to post a notice in a local school.....just
be sure to ask the principal first.

I am a retired elementary teacher and principal and I could always name
several students in my school that I would highly recommend so don't
overlook the school kids.

Sometimes kids will have piggies as a 4H project.  There are several in
my area.  If there is an active 4H group in your area you could contact
them and see if they could recommend someone.

The bottom line is of course to thoroughly check out the home situation
of anyone who is going to take in your piggies.

Good luck.

Jim.........Sassy Suzy and Ginger