[Gpdd] Re:[misc] Gpdd Digest, Vol 3, Issue 341 Bonfire night

Roy and Andrew Millea curlywick_cavies at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Nov 6 08:55:30 EST 2004

In 1605, Guy Fawkes (also known as Guido - yes, really) and a group of
conspirators attempted to blow up the Houses of Parliament.

He was executed and burned,
Bonfires are lit and fireworks set off on Nov 5  - Guy Fawkes day or
Bonfire night
Lots of noise and bangs to frighten small animals - except those who
roomed with my son. All night sessuions of Doom through surround sound
inured them to bangs and crashes. One night an exploding rocket went
off. I jumped and Mildred just looked at me as much as to say "Wimp" .

Some of the English have been known to wonder whether they are
celebrating Fawkes' execution or honoring his attempt to do away with
the government.

more at  http://www.bonfirenight.net/gunpowder.php

Hope this helps - Roy