[Gpdd] (Health) Skin Condition

Rebecca Wilmot rebecca.wilmot at permabondeurope.co.uk
Mon Nov 8 04:21:27 EST 2004

Hi GPs

Wilf went to a local vet for his mange. I couldn't go as I was at work
so my boyfriend and the pigs' grandma took them. Although the vet
treated Wilf he said Jimmy was OK and not allergic to mange mites so
wouldn't need the jabs.

I am annoyed when I found out that he didn't take a scraping from either
pig or check Jimmy thoroughly. My boyfriend and his mum are quite humble
people and didn't question the vet. I am going to take some time off
this week to go to Wilf's second injection and take Jimmy back as well
as I think he should be looked at properly.

Wilf doesn't look so sore now but both pigs are scratching. Jimmy is
losing a lot of fur as well. It is coming out in little chunks (like
Roxanne's pig) but I think he has mange rather than fungus as Friday
night my boyfriend looked in on the pigs and Jimmy was on his back with
his legs in the air squirming around and Wilf was running around in
frenzied circles. It makes me more convinced it is mange as the mites
are more active in the dark and would bother the animals more.

I gave them an anti-parasite bath on Saturday and rubbed some grape seed
oil into their skin to help relieve the flaking skin. I hope this is OK
as it is 100% natural?

>From worried mum, Bec

Rebecca Wilmot

Permabond Engineering Adhesives Ltd