[Gpdd] BEHAVIOR: gnawing furniture

Brenda Colijn bcolijn at wideopenwest.com
Mon Nov 8 19:42:19 EST 2004

Does anybody know some good ideas to get gpigs to quit gnawing on
furniture?  Max and Shadow have taken a liking to a wooden stand that we
use to hold our scanner.  We keep chasing them away from it, but when
they're out during floor time, they keep returning to it.  It's like
they have plans to bring it down and turn it into lumber for some
construction project of their own.  Usually I block off things I don't
want them to chew, but I'm not sure how to block off four narrow legs in
the middle of the area they roam around in.  (The legs are getting more
narrow all the time!)  In my experience, gpigs are very determined once
they set their minds on something.  But if anyone has any good ideas,
I'd be glad to hear them.

Brenda (in Ohio)
Max and Shadow (beavers-in-training)