[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Re: guinea pig with a GALLstone

Lisa B cavylover74 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 9 18:50:34 EST 2004

Dana,
Hi.  I was wondering what ever came out of Penny's gallstone she was diagnosed with.  What treatment did she receive for it?  Hope she is alright.

Lisa

My Penny has a gallstone, confirmed by ultrasound. My extremely experienced
exotic vet has never seen a guinea pig gallstone in 20+ years of practice.
I'm sure piggies have had them in the past, they were just not diagnosed.

Does anyone have a guinea pig who has had gallstones (not kidney stones) and
if so, were they treated with Actigall? If so, I desperately need the name
and number of the treating vet so my vet can consult.

Regards,

Dana F. Hakes
Chapter Manager
Tampa Bay House Rabbit Society

Please check out our rabbit information and lists of adoptable rabbits
at:_www.tampabayhrs.org_ (http://www.tampabayhrs.org/)
http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/FL92.html