[Gpdd] [ANNOUNCE] first time guinea pig owner :)

Bonnie Laurie oneterriblepilot at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 10 19:15:12 EST 2004

[i hope this works]

this is my first post here; i found this site though a
search for guinea pigs [what else?]

last night, i bought a baby [not sure how old, though]
guinea pig. he was the first one i picked up; all
black, very tiny, and so so soft. i held him for a
couple minutes, to see if he liked me and if we would
get along. he seemed very calm and friendly, as he
rested in my cupped hands. i fell in love instantly. i
brought him home and set up his little house with all
of the necessary things.

i named this little guy Atticus, after the character
in "To Kill A Mockingbird."

i am so glad there is a site like this dedicated just
to guinea pigs!

does anyone have any suggestions for a first time
owner? things to look out for or tips on feeding or
anything of the sort would be much appreciated!

-Bonnie

p.s. do they all squeak constantly? this little one
has been squeaking up a storm; he doesn't sound like
he's in pain or scared, but i'm not really sure
because i'm not well versed in guinea pig speak. any
comments on this would be appreciated as well!

thanks for you time!