[Gpdd] Behavior: Brownie Bear & Butterscotch

Leah McNeil lconsuela at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 11 00:18:06 EST 2004

Slaves,
I am so EXCITED right now, because
guess what?!?!? Brownie Bear and
Butterscotch actually GOT ALONG
tonight!!! That's right, I had a
really Good session with them tonight.
I am so Happy right now. :-)

I bought a new 4x2 C&C cage from
Sue (at Cavycages.com) and so I
set it up for Butterscotch last Sunday.
(I was planning to descent the 'ole
3x2 cage this wheeeeeeeeeekend and
use that for the sessions in the neutral
area).

Well, lately, Brownie Bear hasn't been
as Agressive with Butterscotch. In fact,
she has been Running from him when they
are free range together. So, that amazes
me cuz I just never thought for a second
that my Girl would be running from him (??).

So, tonight, I decided that I would put
the two of them in the new 4x2 cage. I set
up 2 water bottles & 2 food dishes (on
opposite sides of the cage). And I had
a big pile of hay and a roll-a-nest ball
filled with hay in the cage, but NO hidey
places.

And then I observed. It was Beautiful.
They got along FABULOUSLY. No fights broke
out. And for the most part, they just did
their own thing. I think Brownie Bear
snapped at him one time cuz he got too
close to her bum, and she pee'd on him one
time for the same reason (which B'scotch
seems to enjoy for some odd reason). But,
there really wasn't any bickering other
than that. And they were together for at
least an hour.

I didn't want to push my Luck, so I separated
them a few minutes ago and I will let them
play together again tomorrow. I have tomorrow
off for Veteran's Day and I'm off on Friday
too, so I have a 4 day wheeeeeekend to continue
to work with the kids.

I am Soooooooooo EXCITED though, because I know
now that there is Hope.

Oh, but Butterscotch tried to mount Brownie
Bear a few times, and she ran away and I told
him to stop it cuz she wasn't interested. But,
I was surprised to see that she didn't really
defend herself like she has in the past. Does
that mean that she is possibly giving up her
position as TOP PIG??? Any insight would be
appreciated...

My Hubby is in Canada for work this wheeeek
and I called him and told him about this and
he didn't believe me. So, I took some pigtures
just to PROVE that it Did happen. Daddy Slave
is a Nut!!

Well, it's after midnight and WAY past my
bedtime, so until next time...

      Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeeeeps,
           Leah...Slave to BB & BS :-)