[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT: Disabled Subscriptions

GPDD Admin gpdd_admin at gpdd.org
Fri Nov 12 16:27:14 EST 2004

We're not sure if this will reach the people it is supposed to, but if
anyone e-mails off-list with other members - especially users of Hotmail -
please tell them to check their subscription: they mey need to re-subscribe.

Lately it appears that the Hotmail (and some other servers) are bouncing
GPDD messages back to the GPDD. When this happens, a filter kicks in and
disables your subscription (if you subscribe to any Yahoo lists, you know
exactly what I'm talking about!) If the bounces continue (if auto-sent
messages regarding your GPDD subscription are also bounced), the member is
unsubscribed.

Today (November 12) we had 125 subscriptions disabled. We are going to
attenpt to go in and restore them manually, but we may not get them all.

Sorry for any inconvenience; we will play with the bounce filter a bit and
see if it will be a little more forgiving.

Back you your piggies....