[Gpdd] ANOUNCEMENT: Somewhat a new piggie owner

Lisa H all_strst_out_plenty_2choke at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 12 21:32:47 EST 2004

Hello..I am new to the Gpdd and also new to adding a piggie to my family.  Although I have had my piggie (Bam-Bam), for a little while.  I rescued him from someone that had no idea how to care for him or give him the love and attention he needed.  I have other pets, so I know that they are family and have feelings too.  I didn't know much about caring for Bam-Bam when I got him, so I got on the net and searched for sites that would help me know exactly what to do and how to care for my piggie.  I have joined cavy madness and pigpals and now this, and am learning new things all the time.
Bam-Bam is very spoiled and well fed.  I have learned that iceberg lettuce is a big no-no because it has no nutritional value and is filled with chemicals.  I've learned the difference in cedar, pine and aspen bedding.  I have chose to use aspen bedding with a piece of fleece for him to lay on.  Plus he has accquired a blanket that he is very attached too.
He is the only piggie that I have and is very content.  He jabbers and purrs alot and knows my voice and respond very well to me.  I am always open to learning new things about piggies, that is one of the reasons I joined this group.
Thank you for allowing me to introduce myself and my piggie.
Lisa and Bam-Bam