[Gpdd] Re: HEALTH: Flopsy feeling much better

Robert redmountainfarm at juno.com
Sat Nov 13 13:57:13 EST 2004

Thank you all for the wonderful suggestions. Flopsy is feeling much, much better. I gave him a nice soak in warm water and a bath, and made sure to clean his privates very well. Put Neosporin on it as it looked infected and he was able to retract.  He is running around now and feels so much better.

As an aside, I constantly hear that guinea pigs are great starter pets for children.  This is so NOT TRUE. I don't know how a child can care for these wonderful but fragile creatures, unless closely supervised by an adult.  They really should be adopted by families or adults with children being supervised. There is so much involved. The diet is very specific and they can have a myriad of things go wrong. Even bedding can be problematic.  Well, I had my say.

Thanks for all the advice,

Margaret and Flopsy