[Gpdd] Behavior: B-Bear & Butterscotch...SUCCESS!!!

Leah McNeil lconsuela at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 15 08:28:13 EST 2004

Howdy Slaves!
Well, I am Happy to announce that I
have (Finally) bonded Brownie Bear and
Butterscotch...Yippee!!! On Friday, I
let them play together for about 4 hours
in the new 4x2 cage, and things went
really well. Butterscotch is a horny little
thing so he would try to 'get his Groove
on' with B-Bear and she would snap at him
and then he would go away. He is so
Determined.

On Saturday, I decided that it was Time...
time to put them together for good. So,
I had 2 food dishes and water bottles on
opposite ends of the cage. And also a big
pile of hay in the middle, and so next
I added 2 hidey places (the grassy huts)
and then Daddy Slave and I observed. And
things went Fine. If B'scotch got to
aggressive (i.e. try to mount her), then
B-Bear would just snap at him and he would
go away.

I also am keeping the cage open for free
range so that both piggies can get away if
they need to. And so, when B'scotch chases
Brownie around the cage, sometimes she runs
out and runs to a different 'piggie' area.
Right now, I have 2 cuddle cups and a tube
set up under the dining room table (on
towels, of course). And I have a (covered)
cat bed with hay in the dining room, along
with 2 rolly hay balls. And then under our
bed (in the bedroom), I have a cuddle cup
and a towel (cuz B'scotch Likes to take naps
under our bed).

I am So HAPPY right now!! And Daddy Slave is
too. Cuz those piggies were Literally taking
over our apartment. Both of the 4x2 cages
practically took up our entire dining room.
Now, we have our dining room back and we put
their cage back in the living room. We like
it better in there cuz it takes up less space.
Plus, I'm sure ya'll can imagine how much towel
laundry I was doing in a day. It was Crazy.

But, the Best part is--is that Brownie Bear &
Butterscotch look so much Happier. And I know
I'm not imagining that. Cuz B-Bear rarely smiles,
but I swear I caught her smiling a few times on
Saturday. She is so Funny cuz she picks with
the boy and taunts him and then runs away and
then when he tries to mount her, she turns around
and gives him 'The LOOK'. And then Butterscotch
goes away. It's Hilarious.

Well, sorry to ramble on, but I just wanted to
share my news. And THANK YOU for everyone for
all of the tips and ideas. I really couldn't
have done it without you!!

      Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeps,
         Leah...Slave to B-Bear & B'scotch :-)