[Gpdd] ANNOUCEMENT: Skinny Pigs looking for good homes

Terry Smoker tlsmoker at excite.com
Mon Nov 15 23:40:06 EST 2004

 Hi everyone,  I will no longer be breeding guinea pigs, so all of my hairless guinea pigs (skinny pigs) are for sale.  I also have available a few cavy "tower" cages that work well for breeding or would be great for a shelter.  They are four cages tall connected, with a plastic pan in each section.  Each section has its own door.  I can not ship the guinea pigs or the cages, they would need to be picked up here in Narvon PA (south eastern part of PA).  E-mail me privately off the list for prices, pictures and other info.    Skinny pigs are thought by some to be "delicate" short lived guinea pigs.  But with responsible breeders working on improving the breed in the past few years, they have become very hardy with few health concerns.    They have their own body heat so even though they may look like they need sweaters, they are actually warmer than you would think.  They do get dry skin occasionally, but that is easy to take care of with a bath or a baby wipe if it isn't severe.    They eat more than regular haired varieties, and seem to have a lot more energy than most guinea pigs.  If you have any questions about hairless guinea pigs, I would be happy to try to answer them.  E-mail me at TLSmoker at excite.com with questions or if you are interested in any of my remaining skinny pigs or cages.  Thank you for reading my post and for allowing it to be submitted,Terry