[Gpdd] [ Health] Question of how to diet only piggy

rboone at gmu.edu rboone at gmu.edu
Tue Nov 16 12:19:20 EST 2004

Hi folks,

Long time reader, first time posting here.

Does anyone have any idea how to put one pig on a diet when they have two other cagemates?  My 10 month old sow (Phoebe) weighs 2lb 15oz! This past weekend she was resting and turned over on her side and her two back legs stuck straight out in the air!

She lives with her sister (Taylor), who is a good weight, and my 4 year old boar(4 years this month-Happy Birthday sweet Henry).  Henry is 3lb 4oz, but he's getting old and keeping weight on him will probably be an issue soon, so no diet for Henry.

They're fed timothy hay free choice and Cavy Cuisine  and low calcium veggie treats.

Any ideas on how to decrease Phoebe's grain intake without changing Taylor's and Henry?

Thanks for your help!

Rebecca