[Gpdd] Health: sudden onset diarrhea

Cuttlefish Arts cuttlefisharts at comcast.net
Wed Nov 17 11:54:19 EST 2004

Poor Winston has had sudden onset diarrhea. It started mid afternoon
yesterday; luckily we work at home and noticed very quickly. He has gone
from eating a bit to not eating at all. I have an appointment with the vet
this afternoon, so he's going to be looked at right away.

I took the following steps:
He had very thin and runny diarrhea, but not dark or particularly nasty
smelling; since I couldn't get into see the doc until today, I gave him
.1g/kg immodium tablet, mixed with some Critical Care last night. the
diarrhea seems a little better, but his output has dropped too, so I didn't
want to give more (I hoped it would snap him out of it.)

I have also given him pro biotic and more Critical Care; I also coaxed him
to drink some water. I don't think he's eating on his own, so I am going to
give him another feeding of CC before he goes to the vet. I didn't give him
a "full serving" of CC, but I will give him a full amount for his next
feeding -- that's actually quite a lot of food to get into him.

Anyway, just wanted to know if anyone had any tips. I can't imagine what
made him sick.

Vic